Rate This Resource:
The Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA) provides eligible employees up to 12 work weeks of unpaid leave per year and requires group health benefits to be maintained during the leave.
This fact sheet outlines:
- What is the FMLA?
- When can an eligible employee use FMLA leave?
- Can I take leave intermittently?
- What types of serious health conditions are eligible under FMLA?
- What if my employer asks for a certification of the serious health condition?
- What are the notice requirements for FMLA?
To learn more, download the fact sheet.